Young coconut parfait, vanilla yoghurt & bananas
Chicken Feet & Peanuts Soup
Steamed Egg with Milk Dessert
350g (or 6) chicken feets
100g raw peanuts
4 pitted red dates
3 garlic cloves peeled
1.25 litres water
salt to taste
- Prep chicken feet by peeling away the outer yellow skin, if any. Chop off and discard the tips of the claws (nails).
- In a pot of boiling water, blanch chicken feet for about 5 minutes. Rinse and drain.
- In a soup pot, add blanched chicken feet, peanuts, red dates, garlic and 1.25 litre of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer (with a slight ventilation opening on the lid) for about 2 hours. Season to taste with salt.
5g white sugar
- Beat the eggs. Warm milk in the microwave oven a bit. Don’t boil it.
- Add warm milk into the beaten eggs first, then add sugar. Mix well. You don’t need an electrical mixer. A fork will do. Use a spoon to get rid of the foam on the surface of egg mixture.
- Cover the mixture with foil. Steam it for 12 minutes in a wok with a lid on. Every 4 minutes, lift the lid up a bit and let some steam release. Done! Serve hot